SMS / Fax / Email RRS feed

• Question

• After searching the site, I found that you can have one inbox for Email, Fax, Voicemail, Instant Messaging, ... but is it possible to receive SMS in that inbox to? Can OCS handle with SMS?

Monday, July 6, 2009 9:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,
    Right now there is no feature that OCS will handel SMS. There are few other products where you can integrate with Exchange to receive SMS in Inbox.
    Jithendranath Reddy
    Monday, July 6, 2009 10:00 AM
  • Can you give some examples and some links please? I'm searching a good product for a (quite large) company. It have to be secure and easily usible and installable.
    Monday, July 6, 2009 10:08 AM
  • Hi,
    I am not too sure about the product name for your requirement. You can take a look at this link below where you can send SMS using Communicator.
    http://www.geomant.com/index.php?menu=0905&mgroup=1&app=info&page=main&artid=52e3e4e40315ceb453af5a769ae7345c

Jithendranath Reddy
    Monday, July 6, 2009 10:29 AM
  • Thanks, this is very interresting, but is it possible to just have a program (service in the background) so you can send SMS with outlook? So you just send a mail and that will be automatically forwarded to the Cell Phone (in SMS)?
    Monday, July 6, 2009 11:17 AM