Yellow Status--Missing Updates but none are Missing RRS feed

• Question

• After I run tune-up I get a status of Fair (Yellow) and a message that says I'm missing updates.  When I go to microsoft updates, it says there are no updates available for my PC.  I have automatic updates turned ON. If I uninstall and then reinstall One Care The status goes to Good (Green) till I run tune-up again. The "CaclsDeleteDB.exe" file does not fix the issue. My system is Vista Home Premuim 64 bit
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 12:39 AM

Answers

• If the database reset tool did not resolve the issue I suggest contacting support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 12:44 AM
  • If you install the Office Live add-in, your status may change to green/good right after, if that was the update OneCare saw to be missing. You won't need to run another Tune-up to verify that. Of course, if another Tune-up runs and the status changes back to Yellow, that would mean that it now thinks another update is missing.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    • Marked as answer by Nerf Herder Friday, October 2, 2009 1:06 PM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:07 PM

All replies

• If the database reset tool did not resolve the issue I suggest contacting support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 12:44 AM
  • I just ran into this on my laptop this weekend. Going to Windows Update and checking for updates revealed no critical or important updates available. All that was showing were optional ones - Silverlight (not installed), Office Live Add-in (older version installed), Network driver (hardware), and language packs for Vista Ultimate.
    I finally let it update the Office Live Add-in and all was well again as far as OneCare is concerned.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:59 PM
  • I have the same thing on my Laptop, plus a couple of drive updates. Will be running tuneup again this weekend after installing the Office Live Add-in. Will see if it works. Thanks
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:53 AM
  • If you install the Office Live add-in, your status may change to green/good right after, if that was the update OneCare saw to be missing. You won't need to run another Tune-up to verify that. Of course, if another Tune-up runs and the status changes back to Yellow, that would mean that it now thinks another update is missing.
    -steve
    • Marked as answer by Nerf Herder Friday, October 2, 2009 1:06 PM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 12:07 PM
  • Ran the Office Live Add-in and sure enough after about 45 seconds after intsalling the status went green. Thanks a lot
    Friday, October 2, 2009 1:06 PM
  • Thanks for confirming. I have always hated the way OneCare handles monitoring of updates. Assuming we get over the fact that OneCare simply assumes you are at risk for not having the preferred settings for AU, but when it checks during a Tune-up, wouldn't it be nice if the warning advised me *exactly* which update I'm missing? Oh, well. I won't miss this feature of OneCare. :-)
    -steve
    Friday, October 2, 2009 2:09 PM