Purchase a product key? RRS feed

• Question

• a friend of mine has a MSDN subscription and made me a copy of windows Vista RTM.  He did not give me a product key to use.  He told me the only reason why he gave me a copy is that MS will allow me to buy a product key.  Is this true?  So I have the final edition of Vista Ultimate and I want to know if I'll have to buy the whole package or if I can just buy a product key directly from MS.

Thanks

Patrick

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 6:52 PM

Answers

• Please destroy the Vista DVD your friend gave you.  MSDN subscribers are prohibited from making illegal copies or lending MSDN software to anyone who does not have a current MSDN subscription.
    Tuesday, January 16, 2007 11:55 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:30 PM
  • Please destroy the Vista DVD your friend gave you.  MSDN subscribers are prohibited from making illegal copies or lending MSDN software to anyone who does not have a current MSDN subscription.
    Tuesday, January 16, 2007 11:55 PM
  •  GraffixNyc wrote:

a friend of mine has a MSDN subscription and made me a copy of windows Vista RTM.  He did not give me a product key to use.  He told me the only reason why he gave me a copy is that MS will allow me to buy a product key.  Is this true?  So I have the final edition of Vista Ultimate and I want to know if I'll have to buy the whole package or if I can just buy a product key directly from MS.

Thanks

Patrick

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:40 PM
  • This is the reason I use a FREE Linux operating system, no screaming from MS to distroy anything, let alone pay an absurd amount of money for a product key. GO Linux
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:57 PM