none
Debug - Windows - Modules missing some DLLs

Question

• Two of the three DLLs in my solution are no longer making into the Debug-Windows-Modules list when running in VS2015.  This used to work fine the last time I debugged the application.   

The DLLs are being loaded properly and the application runs fine.  I just can't set breakpoints in the missing modules.  

PDB files are all being generated and are in the correct locations.  Project properties are identical for all three DLLs.  Projects are referencing the correct DLLs.

Interestingly, Sysinternals shows the "working" DLL as being loaded twice and the "missing" DLLs as being loaded once each.

What would prevent a project DLL from making it into the Debug-Windows-Modules list?

I would post an image but I'm not yet "verified".

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi pavalentine,

>>Two of the three DLLs in my solution are no longer making into the Debug-Windows-Modules list when running in VS2015.  This used to work fine the last time I debugged the application.

If it worked well before, did you change any settings in your VS IDE?

In addition, do you get any message in the error list or output window?

If you open the modules windows, do you get any message there?

For example, if a symbol was not loaded, we could add them manually.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4c8f14c9.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Or you could check that whether it is related to the target platform(Any CPU/X86/X64) or settings under TOOLS->Options->Debugging->General.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 1, 2015 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi pavalentine,

>>Two of the three DLLs in my solution are no longer making into the Debug-Windows-Modules list when running in VS2015.  This used to work fine the last time I debugged the application.

If it worked well before, did you change any settings in your VS IDE?

In addition, do you get any message in the error list or output window?

If you open the modules windows, do you get any message there?

For example, if a symbol was not loaded, we could add them manually.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4c8f14c9.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Or you could check that whether it is related to the target platform(Any CPU/X86/X64) or settings under TOOLS->Options->Debugging->General.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 1, 2015 7:43 AM
  • I got same problem. Did you find any solution for this case
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 4:48 AM
  • Try to Restore Nuget Packages and then Rebuild solution
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 4:55 AM