CRM 2013 - Filter Account Activities by Contacts? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are currently implementing Dynamics CRM 2013 and we are weighing the pro's and con's of our sales people mainly working out of the accounts or out of the contacts

We've decided it would be best to work out of the accounts (aka, add business-related activities to the accounts) rather than the contacts because of the issue that would come up if we had 10 contacts under one account, the sales people need a central place for activities rather than having to look under each contact

We have a problem with working out of the accounts section though: If a worker wants to look at activities related to one specific contact, we don't see a way to filter the activities on the account level to show activities associated to a specific contact

So is there a way to do that kind of filtering on the account activities?

I appreciate it

Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:00 PM

Answers

• Activities on a Contact roll up to Associated Activities on the Contact's Parent Account. So you should get exactly what you want to see on the Account and the Contact level, unless I'm missing something.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by RobCo87 Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:17 PM
    Friday, August 8, 2014 2:54 PM

All replies

• The easiest way is to click the Contact, look at the activities, then go back to the Account. 

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:52 PM
  • thanks for the response :)

Our problem with having activities under the Contact is if there's multiple contacts and a second sales person comes in, they won't know what contact to look at to see any relevant notes that may be important to dealing with the account

It's kind of a double edge sword whether you put activities in the contact or in the account, but our thought process is that we are doing business with the account and not the contact, on top of localizing any activities to one spot rather than spread out among multiple contacts. But it won't be as easy as I was hoping to filter activities on the account level so your response helps

Thanks again

Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:37 PM
  • Activities on a Contact roll up to Associated Activities on the Contact's Parent Account. So you should get exactly what you want to see on the Account and the Contact level, unless I'm missing something.

• Marked as answer by RobCo87 Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:17 PM
    Friday, August 8, 2014 2:54 PM