MSCRM2011: New Multiple Users works only for some domain users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I got MSCRM2011 running on our test domain with SQL Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012.

Now when I try to add users I have the choice to use New or New Multiple Users.

I can add any user from the domain using the New button.

But I only see certain users using the New Multiple Users button. Not all users from the domain do appear with this button.

I added new users and only one of them appears.

How come? What disqualifies some users from being considered and found when I use the "New Multiple Users" button?

Thank you

Andi

Andreas

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Andi, the Add New Multiple Users feature in CRM 2011 seems to be a little finicky with what it brings back from the AD. 

However, I have found that if you have the AD user names, properly delimited, and simply paste them in the new users box, the system should do the look up appropriately. Anything it can't find will be flagged, but may just need clarification from you because of two similar AD names. 

Note that if you're using this method to add a user that already exists, it will more or less hose the entire process and fail to add anyone after that particular user ID in the sequence.

Of course, make sure you're telling CRM to pull from all eligible domains also rather than specifying a particular one.

• Proposed as answer by Ryan Telesca Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:54 PM
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:54 PM