none
What certification a person must complete to manage BI projects developed in Microsoft technology ?

Question

• What certification a person must complete to manage BI projects developed in Microsoft technology ?

Is there any Certification program Microsoft suggests to people aspiring to be MSBI project managers?

• Edited by MLTC Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:14 PM
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:13 PM

Answers

• I'm not aware of a Project Manager Certification offered by Microsoft. However, in order to successfully manage BI projects using Microsoft technology, it certainly couldn't hurt to learn how develop BI solutions first. After all, if you're going to manage BI developer teams, what's better to know than what the teams skills are?

MCSA: SQL 2016 BI Development

After that, look into general Project Management credentials:

https://www.pmi.org/

Hope that helps,

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:26 PM

All replies

• I'm not aware of a Project Manager Certification offered by Microsoft. However, in order to successfully manage BI projects using Microsoft technology, it certainly couldn't hurt to learn how develop BI solutions first. After all, if you're going to manage BI developer teams, what's better to know than what the teams skills are?

MCSA: SQL 2016 BI Development

After that, look into general Project Management credentials:

https://www.pmi.org/

Hope that helps,

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:26 PM
  • Thanks ,I just found some information on Agile project management certifications and the one you referered from PMI seems to be the hardest .

Any ways I will look into it and thanks for your sugggestions

The most famous Scrum Master certifications are as follows:

PSM I from Scrum.Org: it’s a great examination. Very precise and professional. You don’t even have to take any specific courses. As long as you can pass the online exam, it’s OK. After all, they just want to assess your knowledge. The price is not high too; it’s only $150. That’s why this examination is interesting for those who are interested in self-study and serious assessments. However, it’s hard to pass the exam, because the questions are tricky, and the passing score is 85%.

CSM from Scrum Alliance: this is also a famous certification. You need to take a standard course for that, and the exam is very easy to pass (or better say, really hard to fail). The courses are rather expensive. 
    The previous ones are focused on the Scrum framework, while there are two other certifications that cover both Agility, and the Scrum framework. They are about general knowledge, but in practice are close to what we expect from a Scrum Master certification. These two are:

ASF from EXIN: the exam is easy to pass and the price is moderate. The positive point about it is that it is governed by one the most famous examination institutes in the world, EXIN, which is mostly known for PRINCE2 and other AXELOS certifications.

PMI-ACP: this is a long and rather hard examination. Also expensive (about $400), like other PMI certifications. You also need to take certain training (classroom based or eLearning) and have enough Agile experience. 

• Edited by MLTC Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:46 PM
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:46 PM
  • <removed advertising>
    Friday, March 24, 2017 9:44 PM