new domain name RRS feed

• Question

• how do i get to windows live to get a new domain name? i cant seem to get onto windows live site to register one.

bob

Friday, April 20, 2018 1:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by hoeky_b Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:32 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 1:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you mean domain name for remote web access, please reference steps below:
    1. Open Dashboard Server settingsRemote Web Access.
    2. Turn on and set up the Router.
    3. On Domain name section, click Set up.
    4. Choose the option I want to set up a new domain name and click Next.
    5. If you want to use Windows Live(Microsoft Account) to obtain domain name, choose Get a personalized domain name from Microsoft and click Next.
    6. You can choose I want to set up a new domain name if you want to create a new one. Or, you can choose I want to use a domain name I already own if you had registered one before and still want to use it. Then, click Next.
    7. Enter your Live credential and click Next.
    8. Then, choose create a new one or using existing one from the list. Then, follow the wizard to customize your domain name. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 20, 2018 3:09 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 1:17 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, April 30, 2018 1:59 AM
  •    I will get back to you on this,i'm still having some config problems regarding the server itself.  right now open ports seem to be a problem   which ports should be open? and how do i do this for the server?  i have a Linksys wrt 1900 ac router.

bob

Monday, April 30, 2018 12:33 PM
  • Hi,

If your router supports UPnP, then, enable it and during configuration wizard, necessary ports will be automatically configured.

If it does not support UPnP, or, if necessary, you can manually configure your router to forward ports:

Reference “Windows Home Server Router Setup” for detail information:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/922.windows-home-server-router-setup.aspx

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 1:37 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, May 7, 2018 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

• Marked as answer by hoeky_b Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:32 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 1:39 AM