Remove HDD, closed console now can't access shared folders or console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I recently purchased 2x1tb hdd that i was going to install into my whs to replace 2x750hdd

i connected via whs console from my vista machine, turned off duplication on my video folder to free up some space
    and then chose to remove one of the 750gb hdd from the server.
    during the process of removing the hdd, it was about 50-60% of the way through, i accidently closed down the console on my vista machine
    now when i try to open it again it says

"This computer has lost connection to your home server. Check your network connection and make sure your home server is powered on. Then try to connect again"

and the WHS icon in the taskbar is red.
    The server is still on since i have a VNC connection established,
    when i try to run the console from the server directly it says

"The Windows Home Server Computer Backup service is not running. Some Windows Home Server Console functions will not be available. Please restart Windows Home Server. If the problem persists contact Product Support"

now i know when you remove a hdd that it disables the share folders and turns off the backup process. Does this mean that although with the console closed the remove hdd process is still running? I don't want to risk turning it off in case i lose data, but i don't want it to just sit there and do nothing.

any suggestions?
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 1:46 PM

Answers

• I can answer my own question, WHS console icon turned green, i'm able to access console and the hdd has been removed. I guess it was a good thing i just let it run and do its thing rather than restarting the server.
    • Marked as answer by mark-d Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:57 PM
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:57 PM