CRM 2011 - Outlook integration issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using CRM2011 On Premises. I am able to install and configure the "CRM for Outlook" with CRM 2011 and it is working fine. i.e. I can able to send email and also other users are able to send emails on behalf of me when my outlook is open.

Problem:
    If my Outlook is closed, and other users tried to send emails on behalf of me, emails was not going out and status showing as "Pending Send". when I am starting my Outlook, the “Pending Send” emails started circulate to the respective users.

Please suggest, where I am doing wrong.

Regards
    Ashwin

Friday, January 25, 2013 7:26 AM

Answers

• What you describe is exactly how CRM works. If Outlook is not running, there is nothing to take the CRM pending mails ("outbox" if you like) and actually send them as emails.

To address this you need to use the Email Router component (free, but needs installing and configuring) for your outbound mail, which can run on your CRM server, email server or a workstation in the corner of the office (and lots of other options too). This will then run as a service so it is always on, and will send emails even when you are not there, and likewise can be used to process incoming emails if you choose to.

Using the email router you can also send and receive emails to/from a Queue, which of course is never logged on so cannot use Outlook. You can use this for inbound email such as customerservices@... or outbound emails which you do not want to come from an individual such as newsletter@...

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Friday, January 25, 2013 8:00 AM
  •  

Hi Adam,

Thanks for suggestion. Yes, you are right and it’s the default behavior.

Here I have another issues.

My "Outgoing E-mail delivery Method" and "Incoming E-mail delivery Method" is set to "MS Dynamics CRM for Outlook" at users profile.

Ideally, if my Outlook is closed and someone wants to send email on behalf of me, its status shows "Pending Send" and once my Outlook is open, then those "Pending send" emails will be delivered automatically to the recipient.

However, the above scenario is not working if I connected through VPN. Could you please suggest your thought.

Regards,
    Ashwin

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:45 AM
  • Hello Ashwin,

In case you want to make your emails to be sent even in case your MS Outlook is offline you will have to set up and configure Email Router and set Email Router for Outgoing Email delivery method.

Freelance Developer for Dynamics CRM 4.0/2011

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:02 AM

All replies

• What you describe is exactly how CRM works. If Outlook is not running, there is nothing to take the CRM pending mails ("outbox" if you like) and actually send them as emails.

To address this you need to use the Email Router component (free, but needs installing and configuring) for your outbound mail, which can run on your CRM server, email server or a workstation in the corner of the office (and lots of other options too). This will then run as a service so it is always on, and will send emails even when you are not there, and likewise can be used to process incoming emails if you choose to.

Using the email router you can also send and receive emails to/from a Queue, which of course is never logged on so cannot use Outlook. You can use this for inbound email such as customerservices@... or outbound emails which you do not want to come from an individual such as newsletter@...

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Friday, January 25, 2013 8:00 AM
  •  

Hi Adam,

Thanks for suggestion. Yes, you are right and it’s the default behavior.

Here I have another issues.

My "Outgoing E-mail delivery Method" and "Incoming E-mail delivery Method" is set to "MS Dynamics CRM for Outlook" at users profile.

Ideally, if my Outlook is closed and someone wants to send email on behalf of me, its status shows "Pending Send" and once my Outlook is open, then those "Pending send" emails will be delivered automatically to the recipient.

However, the above scenario is not working if I connected through VPN. Could you please suggest your thought.

Regards,
    Ashwin

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:45 AM
  • Hello Ashwin,

In case you want to make your emails to be sent even in case your MS Outlook is offline you will have to set up and configure Email Router and set Email Router for Outgoing Email delivery method.

Freelance Developer for Dynamics CRM 4.0/2011

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:02 AM