Calculating Sizes for 2 days RRS feed

• Question

• HP Media Server is one week old.  It came with 15TB Segate.  I installed 2 additional 2TB drives. one WD and one Segate.  All the drives are identified and healthy.  The storage is balanced but under "Serrver Storage it has been "Calculating Sizes" for over two days.  I'm assuming this is not correct.  Folder duplication has not been set up yet.

I am hesitant in doing any data dump on ther server until I know there isn't an issue

Thanks  

Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:13 PM

All replies

• Endless "Calculating Sizes" is mostly a problem of wrong access-rights or ownership of files in one or more Shared Folders

sometimes you can find hints which folders orwhich files caused the errorin the DEutil- or QSM-Logfiles

Regards from Germany
    Norbert

Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:35 PM
  • I removed the 2 drives and it was still "calculating" with only the opsys drive, I then removed the test "shared" folders I created, Still "calculating"  I then disabled all the permissions on any remaining folders  bam, the PIE came right up.  I then re-installed each drive and the "Server Storage" updated itself in only a second or 2.

Maybe disabling permissions should be standard practice prior to adding drives.

Thanks Norbert (2AM in Germany and you're answering forum questions?)  Hope you have plans for Christmas.

Thanks Again

Friday, December 24, 2010 12:11 AM