April update for One Care RRS feed

• Question

• Well here it is the 3rd of May and the fix to not notify about the Adaware conflict has not been put out yet as was stated earlier. When will the April update come out? June?
    Saturday, May 3, 2008 3:32 PM

Answers

• Who said that there would be an update to "fix" a conflict?

While there may be changes to OneCare and AdAware moving forward, I am not aware of any specific announcement that indicated any specific plans or time frame. The conflict between the two applications is that and AdAware scan can cause OneCare protection to fail - crash hard.

I tried to merge your post to the original AdAware thread, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2745079&SiteID=2, but the forum back end is being uncooperative.

To answer your specific reference to an "April Update" - OneCare is regularly updated and has gone through several iterations since the 2.0 release and will likely go through more in the coming months. Microsoft won't comment on plans for release dates for any update. Since 2.5 is currently in a beta and will likely be out in the 2nd half of 2008, I would expect several minor updates to 2.0 before 2.5 goes final.

-steve

Monday, May 5, 2008 3:33 PM