Windows 10 can't see my EX475 Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using my HP MediasSmart Home Server EX475 in my Homegroup.  I use it mainly to backup my win 8.1 laptop and my Win 7 desktop.  I got ransomware on the desktop and did a "system recovery" to avoid paying the ransom.  Since I had a "brand new" system I decided to install Windows 10.  One of the first apps I wanted to install was the Windows HomeServer Connector software.  I have it installed and when I run it I get the "HP MediaSmart Server - Control Center" menu screen.  If I choose "Setting for ITunes" I get the screen to enable iITunes. If I select "Help and Support" it runs that app too.  If I select any of the choices that require access to my server called MOON1DOG, I get a message that it can't find the server \\SERVER.

I changed C:\ProgramFiles(86)\Hewlett Packard\HP MediaSmart Server\HP.MediaSmartClient.i.. [Login]

ServerName=     to

ServerName=MOON1DOG

I also did the same in C:\Program\ Files\..,..  Still same problem.   Any help out there?  Thanks

Saturday, August 29, 2015 9:44 PM

All replies

• Can you connect to your server with another client and check, if it sees the Windows 10 client as online?

I assume it is WHS v1 on your EX475? Did you install the connector software from the servers software share?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 2:39 PM