Product prices and details displayed in Email templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am starting to get my head around CRM 2011, but i have anotrher question.  Is it possible to have product prices inserterd into Email Templates as a variable, that auto fill when compiling a Quick Campaign?

thanks,

Fulton. 

Monday, May 28, 2012 12:48 AM

Answers

• Out of the box email templates are a bit limited on what data they can display. You aren't able to show anything from the product side in the example 1:N relationship between Opportunity and Opportunity Product. 

An alternative might be creating a custom workflow that can programatically retrieve the product data and putting it into a email. 

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:28 AM

All replies

• Good morning,

I have worked out how to use the Opportunity to display the Opportunity Total in an Email Template, Im stuck at finding what option i need to choose to display the Products in the Price List of the Opportunity.

Any help i'd appreciate.

thankyou.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:51 AM
  • Out of the box email templates are a bit limited on what data they can display. You aren't able to show anything from the product side in the example 1:N relationship between Opportunity and Opportunity Product. 

An alternative might be creating a custom workflow that can programatically retrieve the product data and putting it into a email. 

Jason Lattimer

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:28 AM