none
Visual Basic 6 application moved to new server - activex component can't create object

Question

• I have to move a VB6 application that was running on a Windows 2003 machine to a new Windows 2008 machine.

This EXE application was using classes defined in a DLL using the Createobject method.

Now, after the class instance has been created by Createobject, when the program calls the methods error 429 "activex component can't create object" is issued.

The DLL has been registered on the new server using the command :

regsvr32 c:\folderx\dllname.dll

Which is the right forum to get help on this ?

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:06 AM

Answers

• Microsoft ended support for VB6 a number of years ago and as such there are no longer any Microsoft forums for VB6. You might try searching for other web forums such as these.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=vb6+forums

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:28 AM
  • Hello,

As Dave says, VB 6 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

I’d suggest asking in one of the following third-party forums which support Visual Basic 6.

VB forums

VB City

For further information, see: Where to post your VB 6 questions

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:40 PM

All replies

• Microsoft ended support for VB6 a number of years ago and as such there are no longer any Microsoft forums for VB6. You might try searching for other web forums such as these.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=vb6+forums

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 9:28 AM
  • Hello,

As Dave says, VB 6 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

I’d suggest asking in one of the following third-party forums which support Visual Basic 6.

VB forums

VB City

For further information, see: Where to post your VB 6 questions

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:40 PM