none
A Potential dangerous Request RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to disable this validation even if user entered any < or > symbols in textbox.

Example, user wants to enter something like this "Calderon, Ana <Ana.Calderon@XYZ.com>" in multiline textbox but application is not allowing.

I tried few thing as followed.

I had set the property ValidateRequest="false" in Page level and ValidateRequestMode="Disabled" in control level but it is not enough to disable this validation. We have to set ValidateRequestMode="2.0" in web.config file as well if your application is using .Net framework 4 and above.

My questions are,

I want to disable this validation without changing web.config file. Is it possible ?

if I add ValidateRequestMode="2.0" in web.config, is there any impact as it is application level change  ?

Thanks,

Sathis Kumar

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi sathiskumarmca,

Since your question is more related to web, you could post a new thread in ASP.NET forum for suitable.

https://forums.asp.net/

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:08 AM