OCS 2007 Live Meeting Setup Internally. RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup OCS 2007 server and have it working with the sip being the users email addresses which is the usual user@externaldomain.com.  Comminicator, Web Access and everything works and signs in using the e-mail address.  However when I install the Outlook addin for Live meeting and try to test the connection it fails.  Live Meeting works  and opens up though when initialized from Communicator.  The error I get when trying to launch from outside Communicator is: " Cannot connect to server because the information in the User Accounts dialog might be incorrect or improperly formatted. Please verify that this information ....." I then changed the sip to be the user@internaldomain.com matching the user logon name in Active Directory and voila it works.  I want to be able to use the sip of the users e-mail address and have Live Meeting work is this possible or does the sip have to match the user logon name in AD for Live Meeting to work.  I wouldn't think it would have to, am I just missing something? I have installed all Microsoft Updates on both the client and the server.  Live Meeting client version is 8.0.6362.91. Thanks,
    Monday, December 15, 2008 11:59 PM

All replies

• OK so now I have it working, but

Under advanced in the LM Client I had to check TLS and enter the FQDN of the pool

Then just the standard domain\user and password.

Now is there a policy I can somehow set or some sort of install option so when I do fire the client out to all users this is already configured for them?
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:44 AM
  • The server discovery process of both Communicator and Live Meeting is handled the same way.  To locate the server they take the domain name of the user's SIP URI and do DNS queries for _sipinternaltls._tcp.<domain>, _sipinternal._tcp.<domain>, _sip._tls.<domain> and so on.  Therefore, the solution to your problem is first ensure that your users' SIP URIs match the desired domain name, that any certificates also contain the proper FQDNs in either the subject or SAN attributes, then put the right DNS entries in place.
    Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:38 AM