Recycle Bin removal RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I run tune-up, I have checked remove unecessary files.  But my recycle bin files do not get deleted during this process.  Please advise.
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 1:24 AM

Answers

• Goto Start > Run > type "cleanmgr" > click OK

Are the file delete options on the Disk Cleanup tab what you want OneCare to remove?  If not change them here.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:23 AM

All replies

• Goto Start > Run > type "cleanmgr" > click OK

Are the file delete options on the Disk Cleanup tab what you want OneCare to remove?  If not change them here.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:23 AM
  •  

I did as you stated and checked the recycle bin.  Yes, cleaning your files that way works but my question was that when I run tune-up within onecare the first step of tune-up is removing unecessary files (recycle bin being one item of the list).

It still continues not to delete the files in the recycle bin. 

Saturday, October 25, 2008 4:57 PM
  • When OneCare runs the cleanup, it respects the settings in the Disk Cleanup application that can be manually accessed per DaveM's instructions or by going to Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Cleanup.

It should be emptying the recycle bin, as far as I know. However, I don't use this function, preferring to do it manually. If you don't have a space issue on your system, you should really just let the Recycle Bin manage itself, though. The purpose of the recycle bin is to allow you to recover a file for a period of time that you decided later that you really hadn't meant to delete.

-steve

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:58 PM