sharepoint & exchange RRS feed

• Question

• whats option is better?

1. install sharepoint2013 and exchange2013 in one server? together in one server

OR

2. install sharepoint and exchange in two server? Separated in two servers

Monday, May 2, 2016 9:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, Great Zartosht.

It depends on what you are going to do with the installations.

Are you installing them just to learn the products for training and certification? After all, you asked this question on the training/certification forum. This would probably be all right. However, note that there can be some conflicts with IIS settings. You may want to install SharePoint on a VM.

For production, you may want to use separate machines or two different VMs.

To learn more, here's a thread on the SharePoint forum where this same question was asked. I share this with you because there were a lot of different answers.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/75a00f2f-89bd-4922-9af2-575dc2f0bd1a/can-be-install-exchange-server-2010-and-sharepoint-2010-on-the-same-server-without-any-conflict?forum=exchange2010

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, May 2, 2016 11:32 AM
    Answerer
  • Installing them both on the same server will require making some specific changes to both products.  I would never recommend doing it in a production environment.  I also don't really recommend it for a demo/test environment since it is difficult to do and the changes required may give you a false view of how the products work.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Principal Architect: Blue Chip Consulting Group
    Blog: http://dontpapanic.com/blog
    Twitter: Follow @pstork
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves your problem.

Monday, May 2, 2016 11:39 AM
  • Hi,

although there are no limitations from the technical point of view, I highly recommend option two and install these products on seperate machines. The reason is, SharePoint is a collaboration platform and should be available for end-users all the time.

However, if Exchange is installed on the same server, it also influence the IIS and certain bindings. The regarding configurations need to be considered first, but Exchange can also cause an iisreset. If it's on the same server, also SharePoint sites are down. Thus, please seperate them for availability and disaster recovery reasons.

If you don't care ;-) here is nice post how install on same machine (not recommended!):

https://davejsteele.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/installing-sharepoint-on-the-same-server-as-exchange-and-remote-desktop-web-access-iis-sharepoint-rdweb-owa-conflicts/

Happy SharePointing

Monday, May 2, 2016 11:49 AM
  • Thank you for your answers.

its only training for me now.

But I want to know. in real network separate between share point and Exchange Does not problem for syn

Monday, May 2, 2016 1:03 PM
  • Note this forum is for questions related to Microsoft Certifications
    Monday, May 2, 2016 2:16 PM
    Answerer