none
Wrong Order in appearance of right-hand column sections since recent fix RRS feed

• Question

• I don't care that much for Statistics; Best Posters/Recent Moderators etc. and Popular Threads but I leave them switched on.

Until the recent fix that wasn't causing problems but now the order in which the right-hand column sections appear seems to have changed.

These means that nowadays all of the above are generated by IE (the same IE 8 version I had before the fix) before the "My Forum Links" section which is the only link I am continually clicking on (in order to get the lasted version of My Forum Threads).

Quite often these days there is a considerable wait before that vital section appears while the system instead spends its time creating the stats etc. sections. Sometimes even it never gets as far as the My Forum Links section.

Can we please have the old order back.

( If this one stays I'm never going to see any stats again because I will set them to off.)

Mike Walsh

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

Friday, March 18, 2011 2:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Actually, we didn't make any changes to the right rail for this release. We updated the editor code base and fixed some bugs. Now, the right rail is rendered as 'seperate calls' from the web cache, always has been. When we have availability issues, these right rail items may have trouble. Could you screen capture out what you are seeing on skydrive so I can see what you are seeing? thanks
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, March 18, 2011 4:30 PM
    Answerer
  • I can't screen capture it.

What is sometimes happening is that - for instance - Statistics are appearing first - then for a long time maybe nothing. Then maybe the My Forum Links section but maybe also the other couple of sections (latest posters/top posters + most referenced posts) and in that case a further gap before the My Forum Links sections appear.

I can't remember having to wait a noticeable amount of time for My Forum Links before and as far as I can remember (and for a long long period) the My Forum Links section appeared first and only then the other "informative" sections. [and occasionally maybe I'm not waiting long enough but the My Forum Links section isn't appearing at all]

Any screen print would only show different combinations of what is visible on the right side. Some with and some without the My Forum Links section.

Mike  (P.S. This is my fastest machine too yet still sometimes there is a noticeable gap before the appearance of My Forum Links.)

.. and now I notice that My Forum Threads hasn't been working for an hour or so, so I'm back to going through the forums forum by forum. (19:42 GMT +2)

Now My Forum Threads haven't been working for getting on for 24 hours (Saturday 14:26 GMT+2). This is painful - but luckily not that painful until Monday brings a mass of posts again.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:26 PM Now etc. added
    Friday, March 18, 2011 5:10 PM
  • I have the same problems. My forums don't seem to be in order. In addition, new Editor does not work for me in the Google Chrome, so I am forced to use IE.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Friday, March 18, 2011 10:19 PM
  • I have the same problems. My forums don't seem to be in order. In addition, new Editor does not work for me in the Google Chrome, so I am forced to use IE.

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog

Still in the wrong order?

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 3:27 AM
    Owner
  • No, not anymore. It was a problem at the time it was reported.

My blog
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 3:32 AM