WHS drops from network intermittently; can't access WHS without a reboot RRS feed

• Question

• My WHS drops off the network intermittenly.  Its like it is asleep and never wakes up. Only way to access WHS is too do a hard reboot.  Any suggestions?  Have all the latest patches and updates according to windows update.
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:51 PM

All replies

• My WHS drops off the network intermittenly.  Its like it is asleep and never wakes up. Only way to access WHS is too do a hard reboot.  Any suggestions?  Have all the latest patches and updates according to windows update.
    Is this a pre-built server (i.e. HP, Acer, etc) or a DIY?  What add-ins/apps have you installed on it?  Has it always been like this (or is this a recent problem)?
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:53 PM
  • I have a similar problem listed above...i'm using an older desktop that i built, DIY type. when i tried the free WHS software, i was able to get working, but after two months i installed a purchased copy of WHS and have not been able to get it working.

After a hard reboot i get about 15 minutes worth of WHS access and then the icons on my desktops go gray. I have not been able to add any add-ins so it's still in its original state. Please let me know what you think.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 2:42 AM
  • I have a similar problem listed above...i'm using an older desktop that i built, DIY type. when i tried the free WHS software, i was able to get working, but after two months i installed a purchased copy of WHS and have not been able to get it working.

After a hard reboot i get about 15 minutes worth of WHS access and then the icons on my desktops go gray. I have not been able to add any add-ins so it's still in its original state. Please let me know what you think.

It would be better if you started your own thread (and provide as many details as possible).
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 4:38 AM