PWConsole at 100% CPU and no PWconsole.log produced RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect to a LiveMeeting using the latest release of the LM client.  I am connecting as an "anonymous" user using a meeting ID and entry code.  After I enter the meeting ID, entry code, and location, then click Join, then fill in my name and click Join, PWconsole goes to 100% of 1 CPU core and nothing else happens.  No pwconsole.log is produced at all.  The LM*.uccplog file ends with the line "TRACE:: client [blah blah] new sipStack [blah blah]".  Any ideas ?

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:24 PM

All replies

•  

What kind of hardware is this running on? i.e. CPU, etc.
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:13 AM
  • It's a Dell Latitude D620 with XP (dual core Intel CPU);  but I'm now thinking the root cause is elsewhere.  I tried connecting to the same meeting from another Dell laptop (different model but same OS), and the connection failed with a server certificate problem.  I'm in process of resolving the certificate problem...   The LM client on the first laptop now gets a little bit further (as evidenced by the LM*.uccplog file) before it hangs;  it seems to be hanging before it can "assert" the error dialog about the certificate problem.  I'm hoping that once the cert problems are all resolved, the client will proceed OK into the meeting session.  We'll see...    It is quite a maze getting through the correct DNS and certificate configuration, but I'm making progress.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:38 AM
  • Good to hear. I found the certificate and DNS naming to be a pain as well. Check out http://jason-shave.blogspot.com if you run into issues.
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:19 PM
  •  

We were having the same problem with Dell Latitude D620 & D630s. CPU Utilization would get pegged at 100% and sometimes it would even force the user to reboot their machine. We fixed the problem by upgrading the video driver on all of the D620 & D630s. Here is the driver info:

Old Video Driver

Dated 1/13/2007

Ver 6.14.10.4764

New Video Driver

Dated 5/14/2007

Ver 6.14.10.4814

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dan

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:29 PM