Installing WHS Connector, and the version it displays..... RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to install Windows Home Server Connector on a Client PC, the setup announces (admittedly, in legal documentation) that it is Windows Home Server with Power Pack 1. I know the Home Server's been updated to Power Pack 2 -- but what gives? I need to be able to trust that the installer in "\\SERVER\Software\Home Server Connector Software" is current and (relatively) valid.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:50 PM

Answers

• When I attempt to install Windows Home Server Connector on a Client PC, the setup announces (admittedly, in legal documentation) that it is Windows Home Server with Power Pack 1. I know the Home Server's been updated -- but what gives? I need to be able to trust that the installer in "\\SERVER\Software\Home Server Connector Software" is current and (relatively) valid.

The original license is held over from Power Pack 1. Power Pack 2 is an update via WU and uses the same license thus the same EULA agreement. Had this update been placed on the download center, it would have had a new EULA listing Power Pack 2.

Originally during your WU update, the EULA was suppressed so you didn't see this; however, it does show up during the Connector install and is probably confusing. If  setup.exe's version under details ends is 6.0.2030.0, then it is Power Pack 2.
    Thanks
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 5:02 PM