Text wrapping in IE7 doesn't work properly RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the latest technical beta and I have a blog that uses WordPress 2.5.1 and K2 theme, latest night build.

Whenever I try to wrap text around an image, it wraps but wraps only a sentence.  The rest of the text is below the picture.

I view the page in IE7, problem persists.

I view the page in FireFox 3, text wraps fine.

What is causing this NOT to work with IE7?

What do I have to do?  Anything special?

Site in question is www.noct.org.

Thanks!
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:34 AM

Answers

• In the file k2/css/core.css.php, there's a giant selector at the top that applies "vertical-align: baseline" to images. This is what's causing IE not to wrap. I don't see this in any other K2 install (I'm using it on my wordpress.com blog, and http://getk2.com doesn't seem to have it either), perhaps it was recently introduced?
    • Proposed as answer by Nocturnal1 Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Becky Pezely Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:59 PM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:18 PM

All replies

• In the file k2/css/core.css.php, there's a giant selector at the top that applies "vertical-align: baseline" to images. This is what's causing IE not to wrap. I don't see this in any other K2 install (I'm using it on my wordpress.com blog, and http://getk2.com doesn't seem to have it either), perhaps it was recently introduced?
    • Proposed as answer by Nocturnal1 Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Becky Pezely Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:59 PM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:18 PM
  • Wow, you guys rock.  You sure are fast and know your stuff.  I really appreciate it.

Yeah it seems recent introduced.  I am using one of their nightly builds.  I know it's pretty much beta but it's been working well for the most part.  I'll try going back a month or two to see if the problem persists.  Thanks!
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:14 PM
  • Hey, I just edited that CSS file and removed the img from that giant collection of tags and added it separately and added all of the kind attributes but left out the vertical-align.

Thank you again!  My blog is working again!  YAY!!!
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:20 PM
  • Great!

If you feel so inclined, maybe you can let the K2 folks know of this issue? I'd hate to have our images not wrap correctly on the default WordPress theme. :)
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:28 PM