none
Cannot pin my favorite forums in the left panel? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After I login my account in MS forum, I can select some favorite forums in the "selected forums"(left panel), so that I can always be dedicated in several forums I preferred. However, after I log out, the "selected forums" list will be cleared out. Next time when I login again, I need to reselect forums again. That is very inconvenient.

Please help

Saturday, April 8, 2017 12:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• Most forum pages have the "Quick access" link above your avatar. You can click this and select "My forums". This selects all of the forums that you have configured in your list of forums. Or, you can select "My forums threads", which will filter on all threads in your forums.

"My forums" is explained in this help, from the FAQ (also in the "Quick access" pulldown):

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7359.forums-help-faq.aspx#My_Forums

And this Wiki article explains (with images) how to add (and remove) forums to/from your personal list of "My forums":

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/8739.msdntechnet-forums-how-to-add-a-forum-to-my-forums.aspx

Once you have configured your forums, it becomes very easy to keep track of activity in the forums you frequent.

Edit: You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I will move this question to the "Forum Issues" forum, which is more appropriate.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, April 8, 2017 3:34 PM
  • For me it seems easier to select the forums of interest (you'll see them accumulate in browser address bar) then just save as an IE favorite.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, April 8, 2017 4:42 PM
  • Hi, Richard,

Thank you very much.

Saturday, April 8, 2017 11:59 PM