none
Why Exchange MCP in Cloud Productivity? RRS feed

• Question

• I don't get why there is an Exchange MCP required in the Cloud Productivity Partner track? I totally get the Office 365 certs, but why the Exchange ones? For consistency, I would then also expect OnPrem Sharepoint and Lync MCPs to be there?

Someone feel the same way? Why a legacy on-prem cert in a Cloud Partner competency?

/Henrik

Sunday, July 19, 2015 1:23 PM

Answers

• I believe that Exchange is added couse of Exchange Online. Most of MCSE exams have changed, certification for Exchange, Lync and Sharepoint required MCSA: Windows Server 2012 and now MCSA is replaced by Office365 exams. So Exchange is no longer on-prem certification (nor are Lync and Sharepoint).

But you have valid point there, if Exchange is needed, why aren't Lync or Sharepoint too?

Mustafa Toroman

Monday, July 20, 2015 12:42 PM
  • Henrik,

This forum in not monitored by Microsoft, for your comments about the onprem exams try the Microsoft born2learn blog, that blog is maintained by Microsoft Education staff.

Danny.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:31 PM

All replies

• I believe that Exchange is added couse of Exchange Online. Most of MCSE exams have changed, certification for Exchange, Lync and Sharepoint required MCSA: Windows Server 2012 and now MCSA is replaced by Office365 exams. So Exchange is no longer on-prem certification (nor are Lync and Sharepoint).

But you have valid point there, if Exchange is needed, why aren't Lync or Sharepoint too?

Mustafa Toroman

Monday, July 20, 2015 12:42 PM
  • Yeah. And also, there were a lot of Exchange questions in the second O365 exam I took (O365 Services). This should be enough I Think. And not also requre a lot of knowledge that has no bearing in the cloud, as this is after all a cloud exam?

Microsoft, I submit that you remove the requirement for onprem exams to qualify for cloud partner-levels.

/Henrik

Monday, July 20, 2015 1:22 PM
  • Henrik,

This forum in not monitored by Microsoft, for your comments about the onprem exams try the Microsoft born2learn blog, that blog is maintained by Microsoft Education staff.

Danny.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 2:31 PM