Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 bought from Middle East RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a new DELL Inspiron from Kuwait, with windows 7, it was working fine there. Few days after I moved to US Windows got extremely slow, took it to Office Depot to get it fixed, they could not fix it, I bought a new windows 7 DVD from them. New installation completed after unusually long 23 hours after failing several times. Installed McCafe and scanned it, no issues detected. But still it is very slow, several times it fails to start, cannot open "Task manager" or "Windows Shut Down" options when hitting Alt+Ctl+Del keys, and I am getting a message on the Desktop saying Windows is not Genuine. I have "Microsoft Authenticity" sticker on the laptop with Product Key, and also DVDs from Office Depot. Please advise how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards 

• Edited by Geo78 Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:45 PM
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:44 PM

Answers

•   In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:49 PM
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:52 PM
    Answerer

All replies

•   In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:49 PM
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:52 PM
    Answerer
  • It sounds like you are having a hardware problem, either HDD or memory.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:17 PM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:49 PM