Cannot "ADD, REMOVE or REPAIR" one one hard drive RRS feed

• Question

• I have WHS with SP 3. Logging onto to Console took several minutes and required me to re-enter logon ID and password so I decide to re-load the server software.
    The re-load went perfectly although there were a hundred updates to apply. I have 3 hard drives, 2 for data storage and the third for server backup.
    When left clicking on the smallest drive ADD, REMOVE and REPAIR are greyed out and cannot be activated, the other drives act normally.
    The problem drive also has a small Windows logo on the drive icon, does anyone know what is going on?
    Thanks in advance.
    Monday, February 15, 2010 9:44 PM

Answers

• I have WHS with SP 3. Logging onto to Console took several minutes and required me to re-enter logon ID and password so I decide to re-load the server software.
    The re-load went perfectly although there were a hundred updates to apply. I have 3 hard drives, 2 for data storage and the third for server backup.
    When left clicking on the smallest drive ADD, REMOVE and REPAIR are greyed out and cannot be activated, the other drives act normally.
    The problem drive also has a small Windows logo on the drive icon, does anyone know what is going on?
    Thanks in advance.
    That's your primary drive (where the OS is stored).  You can't remove that drive through the Console.  If that drive is failing, you should replace it and do a Server Reinstallation.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by keithg-1066 Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:44 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:53 AM