Managing duplicate leads from different sources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have various lead sources based on which we run several campaigns. But the issue is with duplicate leads. We have rules to not allow duplicate leads. But I would like to check various lead sources for the same lead and capture that information some how. I would like to run a campaign based on various lead sources for a particular lead. Please advice on the best way to deal with this issue.

Regards

Pavan

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:49 PM

Answers

• How are you assigning them to Contacts and Opportunities now? You're going to need to make that path happen for both Leads, with an option of attaching to an existing Contact/Opp.

As for different campaigns, if the Source is a field on the Lead, then yes.  Just filter the Leads by Source when setting up your Campaigns.

Alternately, you could use Campaign Responses to track all the different sources, and then just have one Lead to convert to Contact/Opportunity.  that has its own complexities, but now you're essentially running into "how does your business run?" questions.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by pavanperi Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:49 PM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:53 PM
  • My suggestion is to track Campaign Responses on already existing Contacts to a new Opportunity, and to not already existing Contacts to a Lead.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:53 PM

All replies

• Add Lead Source to your duplicate detection rules, so it's not technically a "duplicate" unless it's the same person from the same source.

• Proposed as answer by Ronald Liu Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:06 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ronald Liu Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:06 PM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:32 PM
  • Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your response. So that would create a new lead but I would like to assign that to the same contact and opportunity. I would also like to run 2 different campaigns based on the lead source. Is this possible?

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:37 PM
  • How are you assigning them to Contacts and Opportunities now? You're going to need to make that path happen for both Leads, with an option of attaching to an existing Contact/Opp.

As for different campaigns, if the Source is a field on the Lead, then yes.  Just filter the Leads by Source when setting up your Campaigns.

Alternately, you could use Campaign Responses to track all the different sources, and then just have one Lead to convert to Contact/Opportunity.  that has its own complexities, but now you're essentially running into "how does your business run?" questions.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:53 PM
  • Hi Wayne,

Thank you. It really helps. One question along those lines. There is an option to convert campaign responses to leads/contacts/opportunities right? In this scenario, if we convert we have to create a new lead right? How to track the campaign responses to specific contact or a lead?

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:22 PM
  • My suggestion is to track Campaign Responses on already existing Contacts to a new Opportunity, and to not already existing Contacts to a Lead.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:53 PM