none
Windows 10 sync center error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" for all files RRS feed

• General discussion

• On Windows 10 Pro, enabled offline files, while sync with a NAS (hard drive attached to my router), got same error for every files. 

Yes, it's basically a copy/paste of this post: https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/208e15bc-a494-46d4-85f1-6ba787f801bb/windows-10-sync-center-error-quotthe-process-cannot-access-the-file-because-it-is-being-used-by?forum=win10itpronetworking

That's because I am among the many users who experience this problem and are desperately watching those threads for a decent solution.

Please note that:

• I've no way to configure the NAS to set an OpLock option: it is not even under Windows !
    • There is no thread or process on the client side nor server side which access any file.
    • Absolutely all file have this error

So the question is also: is this possible at all to synchronize this way (offline files) which such a non-NTFS Network drive, by a magic client-side (Windows 10) trick ?

Kind regards

• Edited by StarwerMo Saturday, September 12, 2020 5:01 PM
    Saturday, September 12, 2020 4:59 PM