How to keep hackers out? after cleanning your computer and adding more protection?they still get in RRS feed

• General discussion

• After  cleanning my computer and adding 3 to 4 more  virus protection and  hackers are still in my computer  what do I do now?
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Saturday, April 3, 2010 6:17 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, April 3, 2010 6:17 PM Off topic. Not an MSE question. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats)
    Friday, April 2, 2010 3:42 AM

All replies

• First question that I always ask people that are getting hack is that are you using Genuine software? If you are using pirate software that is normal that hacker are there . However, if you are using Genuine software still there are ways. Check Windows Security Center/Action Center and make sure everything is on and ok especially Windows firewall. You should NOT install more that one Anti-Virus in your PC , you Don't need 3 or 4. Please explain what happen that you believe hacker are there. It is possible that you been hacked and your passowrd been stolen , in this case change password of your email(s) and everything after remove threats.
    Friday, April 2, 2010 3:27 PM
  • In Oct 2009 I opened a facebook Account  then in Dec.  2009 I decided to play games well  I  decided to open another  facebook account  with a name I made up and an email address so nobody knew my real name  This is my first time chat and I wanted to be safe!   I have chat with alot people men and women and have become friends with some ,  yes  I was chatting with this guy and at first he was just a nice  but he started acting like a jealouse boyfriend so I blocked him he threatened me Id be sorry I stop chatting with him . I tried changing my passwords  I closed that account an open anew one with another name and email address I had to do this 5 times and now he knows my true Idenity because he says my passwords and my families names he has hacked facebook account and the game Yoville Im still being harassed.   this is why I think  they hacked my computer I have Norton Security well  my friend repairs computers and he put c cleaner ,spy doctor and Exterminate it. I have already done what you have advised me to do.

Friday, April 2, 2010 7:47 PM
  • Ok, in this case I suggest that first check your Windows Firewall and make sure it is on and running and update your Windows . I also suggest that update your Java and Adobe Flash player by try to install latest version. As long as this hacking scenario is mostly related to Facebook, I suggest to file a report to Facebook.

You could try to use :

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=420

And try to file report against this user as abuse. You also could report this to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and ask them to help you more about this issue. Depend on your country , there might be organisation who are doing legal action against hacking, you could ask your ISP to hlp you with that.

Saturday, April 3, 2010 4:29 PM