change unmanaged solution to managed RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dev environment that holds an earlier, unmanaged version of our solution.  I want to import the newer version as managed.  Straight away it says it cannot be imported while the unmanaged solution exists.  So I deleted the solution record, which of course shouldn't affect any of the underlying customizations.  Now when I import the managed solution it errors out as "The selected file is corrupted or it does not use the correct schema. Either select another file or modify the file to use the Microsoft Dynamics CRM migration template schema."

Is there a way to progress from unmanaged to managed?

Monday, April 13, 2015 10:13 PM

All replies

• Do you get any more information if you enable tracing ? Are you sure that the managed solution file is OK, and for the correct CRM version - one way to test this would be to import in into another organisation (with the same database version) in the same deployment

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 6:21 AM
  • Thanks.  I am assuming the file is not OK or that the process cannot be done.  Anyway, here's the extra information generated by the trace:

MSCRM Error Report:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: The Form XML does not conform to the required schema. A schema validation error has been detected at line 0, position 0. Details: There is a duplicate key sequence 'new_regardingid' for the 'UniqueName' key or unique identity constraint.

Error Number: 0x80048425

Error Message: The Form XML does not conform to the required schema. A schema validation error has been detected at line 0, position 0. Details: There is a duplicate key sequence 'new_regardingid' for the 'UniqueName' key or unique identity constraint.

Error Details: The Form XML does not conform to the required schema. A schema validation error has been detected at line 0, position 0. Details: There is a duplicate key sequence 'new_regardingid' for the 'UniqueName' key or unique identity constraint.

Source File: Not available

Line Number: Not available

Request URL: 

Stack Trace Info: [CrmException: The Form XML does not conform to the required schema. A schema validation error has been detected at line 0, position 0. Details: There is a duplicate key sequence 'new_regardingid' for the 'UniqueName' key or unique identity constraint.]
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.PlatformCommand.XrmExecuteInternal()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.ImportSolutionCommand.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.DataSource.ImportSolution(Byte[] customizationFile, Boolean overwriteUnmanagedCustomizations, Boolean publishWorkflows, Guid importJobId, Boolean convertToManaged, Boolean skipProductUpdateDependencies, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.Solution.SolutionImportProcessPage.ImportSolution()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.Solution.SolutionImportProcessPage.ProcessRequestData()

=========================================================

SolutionManifest has a UniqueName and Publisher has a UniqueName, but none of the 3 base XML files contain the string "_regardingid"

CORRECTION: the customizations.xml contains _regardingid.  (IE searching it said none found.)

• Edited by mardukes Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:21 PM bad search
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:25 PM
  • It looks like a new attribute (new_regardingid) may have been deleted and recreated in the source environment after your dev environment received the original solution.  Check that the schema names in both environments are the same.  The names are case sensitive.  What I have seen in the past is that someone deletes and recreates the attribute but changes the case of one of the characters not knowing that the name is case sensitive.

Error: The Form XML does not conform to the required schema. A schema validation error has been detected at line 0, position 0. Details: There is a duplicate key sequence 'new_regardingid' for the 'UniqueName' key or unique identity constraint.

If you find that the case has been changed, you will to choose one of the following options.

1. Drop the attribute in the dev environment and import the new solution recreating it.  This will of course cause you to loose data in the dev environment.

Or 2.  Drop the attribute in the source environment (which of course causes that data to be deleted) and recreate it making sure the case of the name matches dev.  Then export the solution and import it into dev.

Either way you may lose data.  But you may prefer to use step 1 since it is a dev environment.

Jason Peterson

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:58 PM
  • _regardingid is singular within the formparameters set within each of the Activity entities.  I don't understand that to be any sort of duplication.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 6:12 PM
  • hi,

please check the publisher of the managed solution. Is it same as the unmanaged solution that you deleted?.

regards

Jithesh

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:23 PM
  • I wonder if it is related to problems caused by merging old and new style forms in the course environment?

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/survivingcrm/archive/2014/10/12/don-t-merge-your-forms-in-crm-2013.aspx

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, MVP | Microsoft Certified Trainer
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Monday, April 20, 2015 3:16 PM