birthday information in outlook contacts not visible in Calender RRS feed

• Question

• The birthday information that I stored in my Outlook contacts is NOT visible in my Outlook Calender. I do synchronise with my Nokia E71. The contacts I used are imported from previos versions of outlook and other type of Phones and are build up in the past several years.

I use Windows Vista business edition,  6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
    Outlook 2007 SP1 MSO part of Office Standaard 2007
    Nokia E71
    PC suite from Nokia version 7.1.30.9

I contacted several user groups and forums, but up till now no solution or workaround for this.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:54 AM

Answers

• Are you syncing with two computers?  Or one desktop installation as well as an Exchange account?
    In Outlook 2007, go to the Calendar and change the view to list All Appointments.  Look at your Birthdays.  Are they set to recur annually once a year?  I have a problem where they get set to recur every 12 years, in which case they won't appear in the calendar on my Windows Phone for another 12 years.  It seems to be a bug with Outlook 2007 SP1.
    For some possible solutions to THAT problem, see: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobile/thread/0f221f6f-ad65-4335-91de-900b3885a71c/?prof=required
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Tuesday, December 1, 2009 12:49 AM
    Monday, November 30, 2009 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hello,
      I've made a small application that generates birthday entry in the calendar of the mobile. It's free but only french... I'll try to translate it in english in few days.
      It allows you to create entry for birthday, create alerts (or not). I didn't implement a "cleaner" to remove entries, neither a control to avoid duplicate, myphone website has a nice option for removing duplicate calendar entries.
      If you are interested ask for it here, the app is free of course :o)
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 5:11 PM
  • Are you syncing with two computers?  Or one desktop installation as well as an Exchange account?
    In Outlook 2007, go to the Calendar and change the view to list All Appointments.  Look at your Birthdays.  Are they set to recur annually once a year?  I have a problem where they get set to recur every 12 years, in which case they won't appear in the calendar on my Windows Phone for another 12 years.  It seems to be a bug with Outlook 2007 SP1.
    For some possible solutions to THAT problem, see: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobile/thread/0f221f6f-ad65-4335-91de-900b3885a71c/?prof=required
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Tuesday, December 1, 2009 12:49 AM
    Monday, November 30, 2009 1:27 PM