Dynamics CRM 2011 over VPN RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to everyone!

I already did read the Connection White papers, and i'am very sorry to tell you that

i still couldn't figure it out, so iam asking for help.

I'am asking for help here, because i cant figure it out on my own.

We have a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server and we have VPN Site to Site Tunnels.

My question is what ports to i have open on the VPN Firewall in order to grant remote useres acces to our crm system.

The remote users are not in our Domain but each user has a AD User in our Domain. So we store the credentials for each

user in the Credentials Manager. That should all be okay.

I found a list on the internet which says that i need the follwoing ports open

443/TCP -- because we are using 443 on the crm servers

TCP Port: 135/TCP

TCP Port: 445/TCP --

TCP Port: 1025/TCP --

TCP Port: 1041/TCP --

TCP Port: 139/TCP --

UDP Port: 445/UDP --

UDP Port: 500/UDP --

UDP Port: 1026/UDP --

UDP Port: 1027/UDP --

UDP Port: 1054/UDP --

Is that the information i'am looking for? Or is it enough to open port 443 in order to connect to the crm web server?

Users should also be able to work with the crm outlook client.

Many many thanks for anyone who can help me.

Friday, May 17, 2013 10:12 AM

All replies

• If you have set up IFD and TBA (internet faceed deployment / token based authentication) then all you need to open is port 443 to the CRM server and the ADFS server.

If not then I am not sure, since our VPN connection allows all traffic, but I would monitor the VPN server and see what traffic got blocked, then investigate each port.

Some of the ports you mention are most likely not used at all, where did you get that list?

Best regards
    Nicolai W Hjorth
    --
    Please vote as helpful / mark as answer where appropriate ;)

Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:57 AM