Problem Importing Chart on Activity Entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created custom chart on Activity Entity. When I export the activity entity and import this entity on another organization - these custom charts are not created.

Because of this , dashboard import throws as error : Error in Calculation dependency property while importing solution.

Thanks in Advance

Abhishek

Friday, July 29, 2011 9:15 AM

Answers

• The result of our support ticket was:

1. This is fixed and targeted for release in Rollup 5.

2. The workaround (other than manually creating everything in each environment) is to open and export each custom Activity chart individually from the ribbon. Then your dashboards which depend on these charts will be able to import without error after you import each of the separate custom Activity charts.

Again, this ONLY appears to affect custom charts on the ACTIVITY entity.

Ken

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:51 PM

All replies

• I think we'll need more information to assist.  Just throwing out a wild guess and some suggestions:

• Check the customized chart to ensure that the View you are using in the chart is an available View in the CRM system you are trying to import into. 
    • Ensure the fields referenced in the chart are available in the CRM system you are trying to import into. 
    • If the custom chart is not too difficult to recreate, try creating it in the CRM system rather than importing it.  You should be able to copy and paste the XML to shortcut the create process

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 2:40 PM
  • We have observed the same issue, Visualizations are not getting exported with the Activity entity.

Anyone can reproduce this by

1. Create a new chart on the Activity entity.

2. Publish and export the activity entity.

3. look at the customizations.xml file in the export package - note that there is no <Visualizations> node in the xml.

4. Repeat for Contact (or other entity) - when you review customizations.xml you will see the charts for Contact under a <Visualizations> section of the xml.

It appears this was reported in May and was (according to the thread) submitted as a bug.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crm/thread/1ab462c6-5c73-47b9-b7af-8c3f3373367e

I currently have a case open with Support to see if there is a hotfix available. It is NOT fixed in Rollup 3.

Ken

Monday, August 8, 2011 6:47 PM
  • Since the charts are not available in the export and there appears to be no way to add them,  I wonder if you can create a new Dashboard then include that Activity Dashboard in your Solution file as a workaround?

Regards, Donna

Monday, August 8, 2011 7:38 PM
  • The result of our support ticket was:

1. This is fixed and targeted for release in Rollup 5.

2. The workaround (other than manually creating everything in each environment) is to open and export each custom Activity chart individually from the ribbon. Then your dashboards which depend on these charts will be able to import without error after you import each of the separate custom Activity charts.

Again, this ONLY appears to affect custom charts on the ACTIVITY entity.

Ken

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:51 PM