Desktop Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Something that probably bothers me the most right now, other than the annoying MS AntiSpyware 2009 alerts that will never go away...even though I have tried to find the files and delete them...

My desktop is stuck in a dark background with the words:

Dangerous Spyware

Many viruses were found on your computer such as: Trojan horse, PassCapture, etc.
    Your personal information can fall into in the "third hands".

Please check up the computer with a special software.
    Thank

Well, I have done that.  I installed McAfee, and did a virus scan.  I had plenty of viruses and such.  My problem is now the desktop is stuck that way, and, if you would be so kind, I'd love to know how to get rid of those godawful MS AntiSpyware 2009 alerts that keep pestering me to buy the damn thing even after saying no for 1000 times.
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 7:43 PM

Answers

• Hello,
    this forum is for helping users with the Operating system Windows Home Server, so you are here on the wrong place to search for help for your specific problem.

This being said:
    The program which you name MS Antispyware 2009 is just another malware (also called scareware), which infected your PC and simulates infection to get you to buy their full product (and it is not from Microsoft).
    But since Mc Afee found also a lot of malware, as you mentioned, I would recommend to save your data and reinstall your system, since a compromised system usually is hard to clean reliable even for experienced IT pros.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 8:50 PM