Field mapping RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Once I close the 'opportunity' as won then it converts to an 'order'. During the process of converting to an order I want to populate some fields and infromation from opportunity to order. How to do it? Is it possible for field mapping?

I would be very happy if anybody share me the information.

Thanks & Regards, Sudhakar
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:05 PM

All replies

• You can't do this through this mapping. Mapping will if you are trying to create a order from opportunity form from front end.

You can creating a plugin on message "won"  of opportunity. and use "GenerateSalesOrderFromOpportunityRequest" to create the order based on the opportunity.

You can pass

GenerateSalesOrderFromOpportunityRequest quoteRequest = new GenerateSalesOrderFromOpportunityRequest()

{

// Columns that will be transferred

ColumnSet = new ColumnSet("name", "customerid"), // Here you can add all the columns you want to add.

OpportunityId = _opportunityId

};

There is sample in sdk to convert the opportunity to quote you can have a look at that. Just change the GenerateQuoteFromOpportunityRequest to GenerateSalesOrderFromOpportunityRequest()

the path of the sample is 

\sdk\samplecode\cs\businessdatamodel\businessmanagement--convertopportunitytoquote

I hope this helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    Monday, September 12, 2011 1:53 AM