CRM 2011 SSRS reports deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I've developed a SSRS report which works fine in BIDS but when the report is deployed in CRM 2011 environment it isn't retireving any data from the DB,i'm not recieving any errors.

what could be the problem???

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 2:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Arul.

Are you using the database filtered views for your custom report? If so, double check that you are using MSCRM_DataSource as the Datasource for your custom report.

Filtered Views have access rights (Based on User's Role) build-in so if your report is running but no data is return, one reason could be that the user who is running the report don't have access to the data or the credentials in the report DataSource is not correct.

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Arul.

Are you using the database filtered views for your custom report? If so, double check that you are using MSCRM_DataSource as the Datasource for your custom report.

Filtered Views have access rights (Based on User's Role) build-in so if your report is running but no data is return, one reason could be that the user who is running the report don't have access to the data or the credentials in the report DataSource is not correct.

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 11:25 AM
  • Hi Eric,

I'm using filtered views and the custom report is using the MSCRM_DataSource as the Datasource.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 11:56 AM
  • You need to verify that the user accessing the report has access to all the data in CRM that is contained in the report.  CRM reporting does follow CRM security and if you do not have access to something in CRM and you try to access a report you won't see the data.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 5:07 PM
  • Hi Jamie,

I can't see the data even if I run the report using the CRM admin account....

Thursday, April 5, 2012 5:21 AM
  • If CrmAdmin account does not provide the wanted results, it means what your system configured correctly but this report uses direct SQL queries.

Find the group ReportingGroup under the SQL security and add this group to be dbReader on the crm database _ MSCRM

Thursday, April 5, 2012 3:26 PM
  • hi! I am also facing the same problem, ReportingGroup is already added in sql user security. any idea????? same report is showing data from report server but when running from CRM it just show the heder column of the reports but no data?????? i have configured data source like this 

when storing credentials in report server it works fine any idea??????????????????????

Monday, April 16, 2012 7:45 AM
  • hi Adeel,

You need to configure the report data source to shared data source rather than custom data source as Eric has explained above, that would solve the issue.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:46 AM
  • Thanks for you reply arul

i am using shared data source, snapshot which i have attached in above thread was of that data source. i want to ask that am i making some mistake in data source configuration???????????

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:38 PM