Pictures Shared Folder is missing when "Moving to another hard drive" RRS feed

• Question

• I was moving shared folders from one hard drive on the home server to another.  Videos and Music worked fine.  When I moved Pictures, it seemed to take forever.  Now two days later, I cannot get to any of my pictures.  All the folders are there (on the initial hard drive) but they do not have any files in them.  Each folder has the original "thumbs.db" file.  It appears that the data is still there as well since the space on the original drive is still heavily consumed. 

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.  My back-ups have not been working either (of course) so I cannot restore from a back up.

Kevin

Saturday, December 28, 2013 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hmm. I would suggest you first try to recover your data as photos seem as though they might be valuable. They should be backed up anyway, but it sounds as though they are not! I would suggest attaching each of your WHS data disks in turn to another PC and see if you can see your data on them - if so, back it up.

If that works and given you have more than one problem with your WHS installation, I would be inclined to do a re-install.

If you can't see your data using the method above, you might have to consider a professional (expensive) data recovery service.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Proposed as answer by Andy Qi Monday, December 30, 2013 9:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:34 PM
    Saturday, December 28, 2013 2:53 PM