Outlook - "CRM Fields" Not Saving to CRM RRS feed

• Question

• When I click on the "CRM Fields" with an email tracked in CRM, I can see related fields from CRM. However, when I try to change a field, it does not get saved in CRM. Also, if I close the email and open it back up, my changes are gone. I am using CRM 2011 by the way.

• Edited by nileriver23 Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:51 PM
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:40 PM

All replies

• hello Nile,

email activities becomes readonly after they are sent. Could you please add a picture of what you are trying to do so that we can help you?.

regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:56 PM
  • Firstly check web version of CRM and trying to create test email with those fields and see if they are getting updated correctly or not?

if it is issue on Web then it could be related to plug in/workflow which is blanking out those fields.

if it works fine on web and only issue with in out look then make sure you have got this organization as Primary for Synchronization and it connects to correct CRM organization. you could also check relevant user got correct permission for this.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Friday, September 19, 2014 3:14 PM
    Answerer
  • This is a bug in Outlook client. You might have fixed the issue but just to let everyone know the workarounds. It might help someone.

Workaround 1:

To save the fields visible in "CRM Fields", after changing the field, click outside the field and click on Save. Then that field will be saved.

Workaround 2:

Create one Boolean hidden field named as Save CRM Fields (Y/N). On the onload event make it visible only for Outlook client. After making changes user will click Yes (based on the field name. So that way "On change" will fire and make it dirty (It is same what we are doing in Workaround #1 i.e. clicking outside the field). Write a synchronous workflow to set this field as No to prepare the form for future changes.

Although Workaround 2 is same as workaround 1. However, Workaround 2 is more intuitive than 1.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 3:59 PM