How to know for which reason the validation might fail? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Yes, I wonder how do I know for sure why the validation of my genuine XP Professional fails.

Two years ago, I got two CDs of "Microsoft Windows XP Professional, SP", both labeled "DELL", from a friend in US. At that time, I installed one on a rather small HD (15G) to test if it is genuine. The installation and validation were both successful. Also at that time I didn't know that once an XP is installed and validated on a HD, it is rather difficult to update the HD without loosing its XP OS.

A few days ago, I bought a 120G HD and give it to a friend to prepare for me a PC using my second genuine XP Pro CD.

Today I got the PC and naturally I tried to validate it on the internet. The validation failed!

I wish Microsoft can tell me in a way or another why that happens. I am asking this because I don't like to have doubt that my friend has stolen my product key before bringing me back my PC. I personally hope the failure occured for another reason.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kerim

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 7:48 AM

Answers

• Hi again,

I think I forgot something before validating XP... perhaps I had to activate it first...

Sorry, as you know, sometimes one gets confused.

After all, I had the chance to know and join your forum Smile

Kerim

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 8:07 AM