Password RRS feed

• Question

• My friend has given me his old pc ( for my son ) which has windows 2000 on it. Problem is that he has forgotten his password. Is there a way to get around the password?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

• Moved by Sheng Jiang 蒋晟 Sunday, June 15, 2014 11:53 PM Not dev related. Windows user forum is at answers.microsoft.com.
    Saturday, February 10, 2007 5:31 PM

All replies

• This forum is for Windows Software development using Windows Forms and .NET 2.0 technology.

However, motherboards usually have a password jumper on them. You will have to refer to the motherboards documentation (if you have it) or look it up on the internet.  I'm pretty sure that you could clear the CMOS and that would work too.
    Saturday, February 10, 2007 8:32 PM
  • Does this password happen before the Windows 2000 login screen appears, or is it the password for the login screen?

Sunday, February 11, 2007 7:15 AM
  • If it is BIOS Password..U can remove it by removing and placing again BIOS battery.

If it is login Password for 2000. U can format it install again OS.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 10:06 AM
  • It's the password to get into windows. I turn on the pc and it does it's dance and then a window prompts me for username and password.
    Sunday, February 11, 2007 12:44 PM
  • Yeah, wel the best bet would be to get that password. Otherwise you'll have to reinstall Windows on the machine.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 12:48 PM
  • It is not the BIOS unfortunately. It's the windows log on. I guess I'm SOL, because I do not have the cd/disk to reinstall either. Oh well, I'll just have to buy the boy a new one. That's my luck when I try to save a few bucks.

Thanks for all the help.

Rick

Sunday, February 11, 2007 3:31 PM
  • I recommend you send this computer to  computer repare sotre.The guys over there are good at solving the problem like this.
    Monday, February 12, 2007 3:53 AM
  • Use CIA Commander boot disk or bootable unix cd with utilities to edit/reset windows registry on NTFS/FAT32
    Monday, February 12, 2007 4:11 PM