Syncing a "Broken" SSCE Database (Out Of Memory Exception) RRS feed

• Question

• Is there an easy way (other than copying all the rows to a new reinitialized database) one can can sync a database which has large amounts (> 80000) of "Server Change Tracking cleaned up" errors? Every time I try to sync it takes a long time and pops with a Out Of Memory Exception. Is there a way I can "Reset" the anchors?

Regards,

Jason

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:38 AM

Answers

• It looks like the server has already cleanup the metadata.  I suggest you backup the client data change and re-initialize the SQL CE datastore from the SQL Server.  If possible, port the client data change back to the new SQL CE store and upload again.

Thanks.

Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 10:58 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• what is the retention period set for SQL Change tracking? what's the client provider?
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:04 AM
  • 30 days of retention on the SQL Server 2008 instance and 10 days on the SQLCe 3.5 SP1 database.
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 6:23 PM
  • It looks like the server has already cleanup the metadata.  I suggest you backup the client data change and re-initialize the SQL CE datastore from the SQL Server.  If possible, port the client data change back to the new SQL CE store and upload again.

Thanks.

Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 10:58 PM
    Answerer