none
Unable to load dsr files in vb6 project on windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am unable to load .dsr(designer) files in vb6-Sp6. When I try to load .dsr files I get an error to refer to rptCumulativeSales.log for details - this is what the log says:

Line 2: Class {BD4B4E61-F7B8-11D0-964D-00A0C9273C2A} of control rptCumulativeSales was not a loaded control class.
    Line 0: The file C:\DSR\rptCumulativeSales.Dsr could not be loaded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was able to load .DSR before I ran the latest windows 10 updates on 12/07/2017.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI - I reinstalled the active report. but still getting same error.

I also have  .NET and BI tools on my PC.

Please let me know what is stopping to register the active report.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, December 8, 2017 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hello Everyone,

I am unable to load .dsr(designer) files in vb6-Sp6. When I try to load .dsr files I get an error to refer to rptCumulativeSales.log for details - this is what the log says:

Line 2: Class {BD4B4E61-F7B8-11D0-964D-00A0C9273C2A} of control rptCumulativeSales was not a loaded control class.
    Line 0: The file C:\DSR\rptCumulativeSales.Dsr could not be loaded.

I was able to load .DSR before I ran the latest windows 10 updates on 12/07/2017.

FYI - I reinstalled the active report. but still getting same error.

I also have  .NET and BI tools on my PC.

Please let me know what is stopping to register the active report.

Thanks in advance.

• Merged by KareninstructorMVP Friday, December 8, 2017 4:31 PM Same question asked two times
    Friday, December 8, 2017 4:25 PM
  • Hello,

If you noticed when posting your question there was a banner indicating no VB classic questions in this forum. Please use http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier

Also you might want to check with the authors of Active Reports for a solution.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, December 8, 2017 4:26 PM