Users getting set to inactive RRS feed

• Question

• Every morning, I have a group of users who are getting set to inactive in the RBS.  There are two instances of PS running on this particular server.  On once instance, these users remain active.  On the other instance, they're getting set to inactive each night.  I've checked the AD sync settings on both instances and they appear to be identical.
    Any suggestions?
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hey Kevin,

Take a close look at the AD groups that you are syncing with and the users profile.  The user profile has a switch that says not to sync, and they may be a reason why the active users are still active. If a user is not in the group, the user is set to inactive.  So double check that the users are in the AD groups.

cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, mCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hey Kevin,

Take a close look at the AD groups that you are syncing with and the users profile.  The user profile has a switch that says not to sync, and they may be a reason why the active users are still active. If a user is not in the group, the user is set to inactive.  So double check that the users are in the AD groups.

cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, mCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:49 PM
  • Michael,
    I agree, that seems right.  However, what I don't understand is that my two instances are configured exactly the same way (looking at the same AD group), but these users are only being set to inactive on one of the two instances.
    Kevin
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:54 PM
  • Check the scheduled timing of the User and Resource Pool sync. You need
    to make sure the Resource Pool syncs and then the User Groups. That could
    explain the difference in environments.

- Andrew Lavinsky

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:01 PM