none
Two Exams for MCSE or one

Answers

• Well, since I can't login to your personal dashboard, I don't have the same visibility you do. 

Apparently, due to your current status, Microsoft directs that you need to take 2 exams to earn your MCSE, so you probably should consider that the authoritative information.

HTH,

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

• Edited by philfactor Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Crakdkorn Wednesday, March 8, 2017 10:26 PM
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:34 PM

All replies

• If you are exploring Data category of certifications, there are 4 different MCSA certifications available:

• SQL 2016 BI Development
    • SQL 2016 Database Administration
    • SQL 2016 Database Development
    • SQL Server 2012/2014

In each of those paths, the continuing education step indicates passing 1 additional required exam earns the MCSE certification, when I viewed the requirements:

I am not a Microsoft employee.

Hope that helps,

• Edited by philfactor Monday, March 6, 2017 1:13 PM
    Monday, March 6, 2017 1:13 PM
  •  Phil, what I see as wrong with your answer is that although I see what you see - which says I need ONE of those exams, if I navigate to mcp.Microsoft.com, it also says I need two exams to get my MCSE.   I'm hope your answer is the right one.  I've tried one exam for the MCSE twice and I don't think I will manage.  I'm thinking of trying a different one toward the data track.   I also read that it expires on the 10th of the month.   Their constant site changes make it hard to know whether it is two or one.   Yours says one.  Mine says one, but mine also says I need the 70-464 AND the 70-465.

R, J

• Edited by Crakdkorn Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:39 AM
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:38 AM
  • Have you already earned your MCSA? If so, is it in one of these Data tracks?

• SQL 2016 BI Development
    • SQL 2016 Database Administration
    • SQL 2016 Database Development
    • SQL Server 2012/2014

HTH,

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:18 PM
  • SQL Server 2012/2014 - if it make a difference.   In one place it says I need both 464 and 465.   I suspect I'll try just one and see what happens.   There is also a factor of time.  I think some of the MCSE exams expire soon.

R, J

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:45 PM
  • Well, since I can't login to your personal dashboard, I don't have the same visibility you do. 

Apparently, due to your current status, Microsoft directs that you need to take 2 exams to earn your MCSE, so you probably should consider that the authoritative information.

HTH,

• Edited by philfactor Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Crakdkorn Wednesday, March 8, 2017 10:26 PM
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 1:34 PM