Web access works, but does not show anything in the Media Library but show files in Shared Folders okay. RRS feed

• Question

• I had everything working and decided to increase my server storage and put in a new hard drive.  System with not restore backup.  That is another issue.  So I reloaded everything from scratch.  Everything came up working but the media sharing is not working via web access.

Media server shows settings as on.

Night Owl
    Monday, January 30, 2012 4:33 PM

Answers

• I reloaded the home server 2011 software again and all is fine.

Night Owl
    • Marked as answer by Night Owl 7 Sunday, February 5, 2012 1:20 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:11 AM

All replies

• If you open the properties for the user account you're logging on with, you'll see a "remote web access" tab. Open the tab and look at the "Media" checkbox. Is it checked or unchecked?
    Monday, January 30, 2012 6:44 PM
  • Yes everything is setup like is should be.
    Night Owl
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:10 AM

Night Owl
    • Marked as answer by Night Owl 7 Sunday, February 5, 2012 1:20 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:11 AM

Night Owl

what does reloaded exactly mean? Reinstalled the OS from scratch?
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 4:09 PM
  • Either restore from a known good backup or reinstall the OS.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:37 PM
  • I feared this answer :-o but reinstall is not a viable option due to the fact that the server runs as stable as a server is supposed to. And I have no idea which restore point I could use. Guesswork with too many choices. It is just this little issue not worth of a reinstall. I'll leave it as it is. But thanks anyway! :-)
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:01 AM