Backup error for removed partition RRS feed

• Question

• I recently bought a new laptop.  When I first got it I installed the connector software and backed it up.  This particular laptop has 1 160 GB HD that has two equal partitions.  A few days later I removed a partition and made 1 single partition.

Windows Home Server now reports an error every time I back up the laptop.  Looking at the backup I see the C partition worked fine but it is complaining about the missing D partition.

My question is how do I get the server to stop complaining?  I've gone as far as to remove the laptop backups from the server and reinstalled the connection software.  Same problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bryan

Sunday, June 3, 2007 4:45 PM

Answers

• I also had this happen and the only way to get it to stop was to remove the connector software from the affected computer, then manually remove all of the exsisting reference to the computer from WHS (including all backups). Then do a fresh install of the connector. I have not had any issues since.However, I agree with Crash2975, wait for RC1.

Scott

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 7:01 AM

All replies

• You might try deleting all of the existing backups since neither removing the computer account nor uninstalling/reinstalling the connector software will remove them.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 5:25 PM
  • Wait for RC1 - there have been a few reports of this so I expect this will have been addressed. No point in worrying till then, as all backups will be replaced anyway.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 6:40 PM
  • I also had this happen and the only way to get it to stop was to remove the connector software from the affected computer, then manually remove all of the exsisting reference to the computer from WHS (including all backups). Then do a fresh install of the connector. I have not had any issues since.However, I agree with Crash2975, wait for RC1.

Scott

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 7:01 AM