New problem with Citi RRS feed

• Question

• I have an AT&T MasterCard which is serviced by Citi bank and has worked for years with settings:

SiteName   : AT&T
        AcctType   : CCSTMT  #credit card
        fiorg      : Citigroup
        fid        : 24909
        url        : https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/CitiOfxManager.do
        bankid     :
        brokerid   :
        appid      :
        appver     :
        mininterval:

Yesterday started to get errors in the OFX File:  "You don't have permission to access "https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/CitiOfxManager.do" on this server

I changed the url to: https://mobilesoa.citi.com/CitiOFXInterface

and also added "ofxVer: 103" as recommended on the PocketSense blog.

This resulted in a different error message:  We've recently updated our online banking experience. To continue using this app, you'll need to relink the app to your Citi account. You can complete this at https://citi.com/datamanagement.

That link sometimes navigates to a page on the Citi website where there is an option to enable access for apps.  You have 10 minutes to do  that and that process will then link the app to your account.

Unfortunately, it didn't work.  When I would Test the account in Pocketsense Setup, the same error message would return.  I also tried deleting and restarting the account, but no luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron

Ron

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:45 PM

Answers

• Before doing the INITIAL setup, the one where you just enter your user name and password and get back a list of accounts, I "enabled access"on the Citi web site.  Before I hadn't done that until after setting up the account.

Above is likely what made the difference.  The key thing for Citi access is that it now requires a "clientUID" which is a unique value per login+fi (bank, credit unit ...) and Citi will only register this new clientUID during the initial 10m window

Before:

• (No 10m window), setup sent the clientUID but Citi does not register it. During subsequent request to get transactions, Citi disallow requests.

After

• (During 10m window), setup sent the ClientUID, Citi registered it. During subsequent request to get transactions, Citi allowed equests.
    • Marked as answer by Ron Rosenfeld Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:32 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:04 PM
  • Finally has started working again.

Two possibilities:

•  Moneydance people have been complaining about various Citi issues with their program
    •  Before doing the INITIAL setup, the one where you just enter your user name and password and get back a list of accounts, I "enabled access"on the Citi web site.  Before I hadn't done that until after setting up the account.

Ron

Monday, September 23, 2019 11:39 AM

All replies

• What is your Python version? Mine is Python 2.7.12 but most run ActiveState 2.7.14 I think.
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:00 PM
  • It seems I am running 2.7.8.10

Ron

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:08 PM
  • Tried that version.  Downloaded 2.7.14.2717

Behavior is unchanged

The error messages in the OFX file using the original URL:  "... not authorized …"

Using the new URL:  "... relink the app..."

Using the new URL + ofxVer 10. "... relink the app …."

And when executing the last two, I DID have the "management" option at Citi selected to allow an app to connect.

Very frustrating.

Ron

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:50 AM
  • I expect that you already confirmed that you launch setup.py, see that it signs on with this date or later:
    PocketSense OFX Download Python Scripts, Ver: 24-Aug-2018.

Delete *.pyc while not running setup.py.  That forces recompile with the newer Python version.

Reboot Windows? Desperation.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:35 AM
  • Unfortunately, still no luck.

I recall having some issues with Citibank AT&T downloads when they took over LLBean, and I was trying to link the two accounts.  But I can't recall exactly the issue, or how I corrected it.

Nor do I understand why it should have started acting up just a few days ago.

<sigh>

Ron

Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:13 AM
  • I would try a different computer. You wouldn't even have to have Money installed. But Python and the scripts of course.

This one is far-fetched. I don't know if a wrong password would give the same symptom, but you could try this from your Pocketsense folder.

find "MyPa55Wurd" ofx_config.cfg

The password in quotes will be searched for with a case-sensitive find. However I cannot see how that password could have gotten messed up, unless you mis-typed it during one of the attempts at re-doing.

Another idea. Suppose something is out of sync on a Citi server. Perhaps changing your password on the website would get things in sync.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:32 AM
  • I had actually tried all of your suggestions (except the garlic clove -- we're out right now but going shopping later).

Not only different computer, but also different ISP and location.

No joy.

And the password is correct. It's in the file, but I use a password manager with human UNfriendly passwords and copy/paste into the fields.  Hard to make an error that way.

Oh, one odd thing:  I deleted (actually renamed) Setup.pyc --> Setup.pyc.old while not running Setup.py.  No new Setup.pyc was created. ???  How do I get Setup.pyc to recompile?

Ron

Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:24 AM
  • I have no Setup.pyc either.

Per https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/generate-byte-code-file-python/

• Byte Code is automatically created in the same directory as .py file, when a module of python is imported for the first time, or when the source is more recent than the current compiled file. Next time, when the program is run, python interpretator use this file to skip the compilation step.<p>
    • Running a script is not considered an import and no .pyc file will be created. 

Keepass is wonderful.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:26 PM
  • OK, I compiled it using the instructions at that link.  Thanks. Of course, it did not help with the access problem.

I see that some at MoneyDance with AT&T/Citi are also reporting recent problems. Hopefully they will get a fix that will help me.

Ron

Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:37 PM
  • Finally has started working again.

Two possibilities:

•  Moneydance people have been complaining about various Citi issues with their program
    •  Before doing the INITIAL setup, the one where you just enter your user name and password and get back a list of accounts, I "enabled access"on the Citi web site.  Before I hadn't done that until after setting up the account.

Ron

Monday, September 23, 2019 11:39 AM
  • Before doing the INITIAL setup, the one where you just enter your user name and password and get back a list of accounts, I "enabled access"on the Citi web site.  Before I hadn't done that until after setting up the account.

Above is likely what made the difference.  The key thing for Citi access is that it now requires a "clientUID" which is a unique value per login+fi (bank, credit unit ...) and Citi will only register this new clientUID during the initial 10m window

Before:

• (No 10m window), setup sent the clientUID but Citi does not register it. During subsequent request to get transactions, Citi disallow requests.

After

• (During 10m window), setup sent the ClientUID, Citi registered it. During subsequent request to get transactions, Citi allowed equests.
    • Marked as answer by Ron Rosenfeld Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:32 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:04 PM
  • Thanks for chiming in.  That makes perfect sense.

Ron

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:32 PM