Forum for Platform SDK...? RRS feed

• Question

• I posted a question regarding scrnsave.lib in the platform SDK under the Visual C++ General Forum and I got response suggesting I should also post in the forum for the Platform SDK which I am totally unable to find!  Is there one specifically for the contents of the Platform SDK?

Rich 
    Monday, November 17, 2008 8:54 AM

Answers

• There is no single Platforum SDK forum. You can find many SDK forums at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windev/. There are other products not coverd by these forums and you can go to other forums on the forum homepage or go to  microsoft public newsgroups to look for newsgroups.
    MSMVP VC++
    • Proposed as answer by Nancy Shao Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by SachinW Monday, March 2, 2009 7:40 AM
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 11:12 PM

All replies

•  

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the ( MSDN Forums » Visual Studio Express Editions » Visual C++ Express Edition) forum located here:  (http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=161&SiteID=1).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by ashawani_dubey Monday, November 17, 2008 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by ashawani_dubey Monday, December 1, 2008 10:04 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by SachinW Monday, March 2, 2009 7:39 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2008 9:15 AM
  • Where is that stated in the express edition forum description? The Platform SDK (now called the Windows SDK) is not part of the express edition.
    Sam Hobbs; see my SimpleSamples.Info
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:44 PM
  • Richard_UK said:

I posted a question regarding scrnsave.lib in the platform SDK under the Visual C++ General Forum and I got response suggesting I should also post in the forum for the Platform SDK which I am totally unable to find!  Is there one specifically for the contents of the Platform SDK?

Rich 

Not "also"; anyone that volunteers their time to help would resent someone posting the same question multiple places at the same time. Look agin; they probably said instead, not also.

They also likely did not say forum; they likely said newsgroup. Regardless, you should read Sticky: The scope of this forum; the answer is there and is easy to find.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:51 PM
  • There is no single Platforum SDK forum. You can find many SDK forums at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windev/. There are other products not coverd by these forums and you can go to other forums on the forum homepage or go to  microsoft public newsgroups to look for newsgroups.
    MSMVP VC++
    • Proposed as answer by Nancy Shao Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by SachinW Monday, March 2, 2009 7:40 AM
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 11:12 PM
  • Thank you, Sheng Jiang. The original question is a few months old but the UI Development for Windows forum is likely the best fit. For anyone looking for answers in the future, the link to the Software Development for Windows Client Forum Categories can help many in the future.
    Monday, February 23, 2009 1:13 AM